Okie JET

8.14.2006

The Apartment


I must be one of the luckiest JET in all of Japan. Not even kidding. I have an amazing set up. I have so much room...in fact, too much room. It's more than I even needed in the States. It's beautiful though.

This picture was when I first got here. It's a bit messy, but I'm still just moving in and Mark, my predecessor, is just moving out.




This picture is a look out of the back of my apartment. I actually have quite the balcony. Right now I've started a garden. But this is where I have to dry my clothes. There are not very many dryers, which leads to alot of speckles on shirts. But it's okay. The mountains are really close. There is a beautiful breeze that comes through this little valley area. But that pretty much looks over the city of Tadotsu, not very big, but really nice.




This is the view from my front door. You can't really see the mountainous islands in this picture, but they are gorgeous. I do have that scrap yard down there, but I can't complain in the least. That sandy bit down there is a soccer field. To the right is a nice park; further down is an indoor swimming pool. All very nice. However, right over the rail there is a cementary...just a little creepy, but I'm okay until I start hearing Thriller. And yes, that's my bike with the basket. I know what you're thinking, and I've already beat myself up. But it's amazingly useful when I go to get groceries or anything else. Plus, everyone, and I mean everyone, has these fun little baskets on their bikes.

3 comment(s):

It's Cody. Your apartment looks great. Looks really big. You are pretty lucky. And a nice view to boot. I'm trying to get into JET and was curious how much you're paying for rent, if you don't mind me asking. Hope you're enjoying the new place. Bye.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 AM, August 28, 2006  

Nice site! Glad you are enjoying your time here. I also have a blog: www.marynewton.typepad.com. I update almost everyday with either stories, pictures, or videos. Check it out! I'm going to link you on my page -- feel free to do the same with mine.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 AM, August 29, 2006  

If Cody checks this, I can't email back if it's anonymous...my email address is nihonkurisu@gmail. Please forward questions there. Thanks.

But yes, I'll be happy to answer any questions.

By Blogger Christopher Brashears, at 6:33 PM, August 30, 2006  

Post a comment

<< Home